Saturday, January 7, 2012

Visit to America

I just got back from my trip back to America for the holidays and it was a wonderful trip.  I got to spend time with my entire family, share stories, show pictures, visit with old friends, and even watch Auburn dominate in their bowl game (WAR EAGLE!).  Prior to going back I had been warned that "it may feel weird" or "it won't be the same" and to some extent I do have to agree that America does appear different once you have spent time living in another country.  It does change your perspective a little bit, however, it is hard not to feel at home when you are welcomed back with so much love from friends and family.  Although I am calling Singapore my "new home", I was comforted by the fact that I always will feel American and it will always be a place to which I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment