Friday, December 9, 2011

My Late Night Escape Route

Having a class room on the 4th floor has its many disadvantages, with having to climb four flights of stairs multiple times a day being the most obvious.  Another, however, is that every night at precisely 7 pm there is a roll down gate that locks any distracted hard workers in their rooms for the night.  Yes, there is a warning bell that goes off 15 minutes prior to the gates being closed, but sometimes one ignores/misses such warnings.  Most days the janitors will come to my room to kick me out before they close the gates, but other days, whether they forget or are just simply tired of kicking me out, I get locked in.  However, the Boy Scout in me was able to figure a way out!  We have a flagpole that conveniently runs close enough to second floor concrete awning to provide a fireman style exit.  Sadly, I have used this route multiple times (to date the number is 4).

4 comments:

  1. you can't just go to the first floor and climb that little railing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun would that be Ben? To logical. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gates that come down block the staircase off from the 1st floor, so no I can't do that. I did check after your comment though, for a second you made me second guess my intelligence.

    ReplyDelete